Thursday, September 10, 2009

Oaktown is Pretty Sweet


I really dig this part of Oakland...I guess it's really called Emeryville. A section of Oakland. I take Q for a walk/bike down to a yacht club/park every morning, and the view of San Fran (or "The City") is unbelievable! When I first got to town, I was looking for a map of Oakland, and had to stop at 10, count'em 10, service stations/convenient stores, before I found a map of Oakland! They all had maps of "The City", but I was in Oakland and wanted a map of OAKLAND dagnabit! I was about to try a hotel if I hadn't finally found one at my last stop. But everything was sooo convinient, the place I had to ship my car, Horizon Lines, is probably about 3 miles, max, from where I'm staying. And now that the Bay Bridge is open again, it should be a pretty easy trip to the airport.
Where going to a local comic shop tomorrow, I'm sure it won't hold a candle to Heroes, but I gotta get my Wednesday Comics, and we're going to Oaksterdam, and probably Berkley, and end up hanging by the pool. Looking forward to it! Niki and Sara live in a retail/condo area, kind of like Birkdale, with an AMC in it. So I saw "Extract" today...pretty good...no "Office Space", or "Idocracy", but pretty good! We're going to see "Star Trek" in Imax tonight, and Hopefully I'll squeeze in "9" or "Inglorius Basterds" tomorrow, or at some point. It's just TOO convinient! Plus it's been a HUGE movie summer! Star Trek, District 9, Transformers 2, GI Joe, Wolverine, Hang Over, Up, Terminator:Salvation, G-Force, Extract, and hopefully 9 and I.B.'s soon...that's more movies this summer, than I've seen in the last 3 years. And they've actually all been pretty descent. Star Trek, by far the best. Close second:District 9.
Any-hoo, got a big weekend planned then fly to Hawaii Monday! I'll try t o keep ya up to date and post some more pic's soon!

Aloha my peeps!

R~

2 comments:

  1. That's beautiful ---- just be careful on the rocks (mamma never change).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm not climbing on'em! I couldn't risk Q breaking his leg or anything...that'd be ALL I need!

    ReplyDelete